Current Job Openings
Director of Technical Operations
Location: Central Indiana / Indianapolis
Position Reports to: Vice President & President
Job Purpose Summary: Oversee Gibson Teldata's post-sales programs by developing installation procedures, support objectives, managing budgets and evaluating employee performance.
Primary goals of this position are:
- Study the previous service statistics of the company, and understand the policies adopted by company to improve these statistics.
- Develop new strategies, tactics, and plans for future growth of company's base.
- Write Policies & Procedures for the Operations Department.
- Hire and train an adequate number of staff to support customer requests.
- Oversee Inventory Control and Billing of the Department's transactions.
- Generate reports based on facts to be presented before senior management team and owner.
- Build customer relationships, understand their needs, and improve overall satisfaction levels without compromising the company profits.
- Maintain long term customer relationships.
- Coordinate the sales operations with all other departments within the company.
- Establish and monitor performance goals for each Operations Team employee.
Skills/Qualifications: Must have outstanding communication and writing skills and be familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications and have experience working in a service management application for scheduling and billing. Must have a good understanding or KPI (Key Performance Indicators) of the Field Service Industry and be able to prepare reports and complete data analysis work. The ideal candidate will work well under pressure and enjoy working with customers and building relationships.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree with at least 7-10 years if industry experience. Besides working regular office hours, there may be a requirement to work additional hours to complete objectives to meet deadlines. Minimum of 5 years management experience required. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing remote team members.
Telecommunication Technician II
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Position Reports to: Director of Technical Operations
Job Purpose Summary: Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
Primary goals of this position are:
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing cable management equipment; physically installing telecommunications and network equipment, PBX controllers, routers, switches, servers.
- Perform Move/Add/Change requests; service and maintain communications equipment by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing remote access procedures; updating documentation. Ensures all work is completed and tested with the customer prior to leaving customer site.
- Can successfully complete basic communication system installations; review installation job documents including the Scope of Work, product manuals, and technical specifications; gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools required for system installations, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram; complete required installation documentation.
- Will have working knowledge of system networking, system redundancy, VoIP network architecture, multi-site system implementation, Unified Messaging, Call Center applications, creation of ARS dial plans, call routing, and trunk group setup.
- Will work directly with the System Implementation Specialist and customer on the initial setup and configuration of the system; ensure that all equipment, programming, and porting of phone numbers has been completed and that the customer is satisfied with service delivery.
- Verifies customer telco service by testing circuits, equipment, and troubleshooting system alarms; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems to higher level technician or reporting to the customer’s carrier.
- Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns, answering questions, and efficiently communicating through phone calls and email.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations. Operates company provided vehicles in a legal and safe manner at all times.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying truck stock; placing fulfillment orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in manufacturer training; will be able to assist with technical leadership for operations team; review technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: A positive customer service attitude and attention to detail are required. A strong and proven desire to learn and work in fast-paced, agile environments is also required. Two to three years of structured cabling experience with at least three years of telecommunications installation/service experience is required.
Requirements: Up to date Mitel /NEC, A+, or NET+ certifications are required. CCNT, A+, and NET+ are mandatory requirements for this position. CCNA and/or HP networking certifications are required. BICSI100 certification is preferred. General knowledge of electrical, electronic or telecommunications equipment, systems and applications as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is required. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
Experience supporting: NEC 8100/8300/8500, Mitel MiVoice Office (5000), Mitel MiVoice Business (3300), Mitel Border Gateway, Mitel MiCollab (MAS), Mitel NuPoint, VoIP networks, Unified Messaging (UM), Call Center applications, advanced application servers, and data networking equipment is required.
Experience with the following protocols/technologies: VoIP, TCP/UDP, RTP, IP Ports, SMTP/POP/IMAP, SIP, VPN, MPLS, FTP, TFTP are preferred.
Experience using the following tools: Cable infrastructure installation tools (fishtape, Gopher Pole, punch tool, tone and wand, etc), Telephone Buttset, Cable Master Certification tool are required.
IP tools including: Wireshark, PuTTy, terminal emulation software, IP Phone Analyzer software, etc are required.
A valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Gibson Teldata’s minimum insurance standards are required.
Location: Central Illinois: Champaign, Urbana, Danville & Indiana: Indianapolis & Fort Wayne
Position reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
Job Purpose Summary: This position is responsible for developing new client sales through a consultative sales process that provide customers with business solutions using voice, data, video, and networking technologies.
- Ability to identify new customer opportunities through prospecting activities including but not limited to cold calling, email campaigns, personal networking, market research and relationship referrals to meet and exceed assigned sales objectives
- Be able to internalize and articulate Gibson Teldata values and our own branded support products. Understand our vendor partners features & benefits, as well as competitive peers
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of opportunities in CRM
- Maintain sales certifications with our partners as directed
- Possess strong written, verbal & demonstration skills
- Ability to understand multiple business processes and communicate with C-Level contacts
- Car & clean driving record, ability to travel throughout territory and out of state for meetings, training's and events
Not required but Helpful:
- Previous experience selling Mitel, NEC, or Avaya PBX, IP PBX solution
- Previous experience selling wired and wireless data networks, security applications and software solutions
- Experience with selling network provisioning, and hosted applications
- At least two years’ sales experience in the specified local market
- Familiarity with SAGE CRM
- Ability to work effectively in a remote territory while maintaining communications using internal and external collaboration tools
What We Offer:
Being part of an established growing company that values customer and employee loyalty and works to grow and maintain both
Access to experienced sales, operational and engineering resources to enable your success
Internal tools for developing solid customer facing proposals, presentations and demonstrations
Flexible training path for personal and professional development
Competitive compensation plan with uncapped commissions
Benefits package including healthcare, 401k and PTO
If any of these positions sound like the next chapter of your professional life, send us your resume with a letter telling us what you are looking for in your career path. We look forward to talking to you.
Please forward resume to:
Last update: August 2019