Barren County School District, South Central Kentucky
Barren County is a rural school district recognized by the state as a growth district. Located in South Central Kentucky near Barren River Lake State Resort Park and Mammoth Cave National Park, it encompasses seven elementary schools, one middle school, a 9th grade transitional academy and one high school. As its old Nortel/Avaya system reached end of life, the district began a search for a robust, cost-effective phone system that would keep up with the area’s projected growth and help cut monthly costs.
"We love the Mitel solution! I can honestly say this is one of the few solutions where we bought way more than we were sold. The solution works just as advertised! That never happens in technology.”
- Steve Gumm, Director of Technical Services, Barren County School District
Barren County School District Project Report
Barren County School District Goals
- Replace an end of life Nortel/Avaya phone system
- Select a robust, cost-effective solution to keep up with growth and help cut monthly costs
- Secure a relationship with a vendor who would provide superior support
- Provide employees with simple to use phones with voicemail and 5-digit dialing
- Enhance communications to eliminate need for all calls to go through the receptionist
Gibson Teldata Recommended Solutions
- Mitel MiVoice Business (Mitel 3300) running in a virtual environment
- Mitel MiCollab
- Mitel IP WIFI Phones
- Teleworker IP Phones
Barren County School District Benefits
- Efficiency: Staff can make intercom calls without having to go through the receptionist and each person has their own voicemail box.
- Safety: By integrating the phone system with the intercom system they now have the ability from any of the 5 buildings on campus to go into lock down.
- Cost Savings: By leveraging their investment in the new Mitel phone system, they were also able to setup a campus wide paging system as well as decrease monthly communication costs.
- Redundancy: Each facility now has its own gateway failover in the event that the fiber infrastructure loses connectivity due to any unforeseen circumstances
- Remote Worker: Due to COVID-19, a number of staff are able to seamlessly work from home with their Mitel IP phones.
Barren County School District Case Study (Download PDF)
IMPROVE YOUR CAMPUS COMUNICATIONS AND SECURITY
Contact your local Gibson Teldata Office today!