Virtualization is the process of taking what used to be separate servers running on separate hardware and creating "virtual" servers on much less hardware. The many benefits include:
- Better use of hardware and processor capability
- Less power usage
- Improved Backup and Recovery/Disaster Recovery
- Live Migration for Server Maintenance
- Simplified Access to I.T. Resources
- Easy to deploy a new server in minimum time
- Automate Routine Tasks and Maintenance
- Create a Test Lab
Gibson Teldata, Inc. provides Server virtualization by several developers. This includes vmWare and Microsoft Hyper-V, in addition to voice virtualization from Mitel. With voice virtualization, you can load the software that runs your IP Telephone sets, SIP Trunking, Voice Mail, Unified Communications and other voice technologies without ever deploying any hardware for the voice network other than the data virtualization you may already have.
Mitel is the only provider certified to provide real-time voice on vmWare in a shared environment, and is recognized as the innovator of virtualized voice.
Contact us to discuss how virtualization can benefit your organization.